So, last week was the best British experience of my life (outside of going to London, of course). I went to a birthday party, and the theme was a British tea party. We had crumpets, herbal tea, and beans and toast. Some people dressed "British". The party's soundtrack was The Beatles. But, the crowning jewel (that's a British phrase right?) of the party was the British accent contest. If anyone knows me, they will know that I am always looking for an excuse to use an accent, so a party where accents are required is pretty much my dream come true. Everyone had to introduce themselves and say something to accentuate their Britishness. So, I said, "'Ello, my name is Joriann. I currently reside in Yorkshire of Hampshire. In my spare time, I like to take turns in the garden, or write novels, or draw in the drawing room." Ha ha, well guess who won the contest? Me! So, now that I have so much credibility, I'm going to produce a show called "So You Fancy You Can Talk British?", a British accent contest. I think it's a smashing idea.
This is what I don't think is a smashing idea. An activity where they teach you how to do the dances from Pride and Prejudice. If you want to know why this activity does not have my stamp of approval, see #5 on my list of things that I don't like that everyone else likes. I don't understand what it is with girls and Pride and Prejudice, I really don't. When the activity was announced, one girl asked, "Do we get to dress up like they do in the movie?"...Um, do you GET to dress up??? As if you have just been waiting for an opportunity to bust out your ill-fitting, empire waisted, low-cut, long sleeve, no ankles showing, makes you look like you are pregnant dress, and your bonnet.
That is all I have to say about British things...cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was pretty much amazing wasn't it? How I love my sisters' crazy parties. Also, why would you want to dance like they do in P&P? How boring is that? Extremely boring.
ReplyDelete